Understand when it is safe to tackle fires and learn the properties of a variety of different types, ensuring that the correct extinguisher is used every time so as to minimise the damage caused. Delegates will understand how to undertake routine inspections and follow correct protocol in order to comply with legal guidelines and legislation, such as the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. This can be taken as a stand-alone course, and is also ideal as a follow on from our Fire Marshalling training, for potential fire wardens to get a better overall understanding of fire safety practices.
• Introduction to fire extinguishers.
• Different extinguishers for different fires.
• When to use an extinguisher.
• Meeting legal guidelines and legislation.
• Routine inspections and keeping records.
• Practical extinguisher session.
Duration A certificate will be awarded upon completion of this 2 hour course